Patrons' Event 2018 featuring John Berry

July 21, 2018 @ 5:30PM — 10:00PM

Our annual thank you party for our donors!

Celebrate 70 years of Festivals!

There are currently no tickets available for this event, but you can still make a donation.

Share:

We are thisclose to our Patrons fundraising goal! If you would like to make an additional donation, please click the donation box on the right.

If you have not yet contributed, please consider a Patron gift of $70-$500 to support the activities of this year's Festival.

Your donations are crucial to our ability to showcase our homegrown world-class talent to visitors from around the nation and to bring in world-class artists who inspire and enrich our own community.

Thank you for your support. We couldn't do this Festival without you.


This Year's Patrons' Event

When you become a Festival Patron, you are eligible to receive benefits throughout the Festival, including admission to our exclusive Patrons' Event. All Festival Patrons receive VIP tickets to the concert and pre-show reception/meet & greet with the artist. Depending on your giving level, you will also receive free tickets to the Festival Antiques Market (now located at the Washington County Fairgrounds), Music programs, and Performing Arts programs.

This year's Patrons' Event features Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter John Berry. John will sing and share the stories that inspired the songs. A special VIP meet & greet will take place during the Patrons' Reception prior to the performance. Opening for John will be SWVA's own Kaitlyn Baker.

We are thrilled to welcome John back to the 2018 Festival!

John Berry: Songs & Stories

Saturday, July 21

5:30 PM Patrons' Reception

7:30 PM Performance

McGlothlin Center for the Arts

30481 Garnand Dr.

On the Emory & Henry campus

We are also thrilled to announce that regional favorite Kaitlyn Baker will be opening for John and briefly share the stage to swap stories with him. Welcome home, Kaitlyn!


What is the Virginia Highlands Festival?

In 1949 Robert Porterfield held the inaugural Festival with the purpose of preserving and celebrating the cultural heritage of this area.

Today more than 45,000 people attend the 10-day Festival and explore everything from fine crafts and antiques to live music and outdoor adventures.

We strive to keep expenses low, but we all know that volunteer hours don't pay the power bill or the incredible artists who grace our stages.

Ticket sales and vendor booths cover about 70% of our expenses, while the other 30% is covered by foundations, government grants, and individuals like you.

Now celebrating 70 years, the Festival has evolved into an expansive multi-arts, multi-location event, with 10 full days of arts, music, food, and fun. We celebrate and preserve our cultural heritage while importing talented artists and performers from around the world for creative inspiration, education, and the enjoyment of all.

Vision for the Future

With your financial support, the Festival continues to grow, becoming more diverse and innovative while remaining anchored in tradition.

It's easy to imagine that 70 years from now, the Festival will be an international destination for travelers worldwide in the enjoyment, understanding, and exploration of the arts and Appalachian culture.

We believe Mr. Porterfield--artistic visionary that he was--would have expected no less from us.


Event Location

McGlothlin Center for the Performing Arts
30481 Garnand Dr.
Emory, VA 24327
Get Directions

Can't Attend?

You can support us by making a donation!